Thread: Online quiz

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    What I would like to do is to have a quiz where I could enrol people (employees) and get them to answer a quiz based on an information sheet which they have been given.

It could be something which I have on my own website- preferably ASP.

Or it could be a subscription based website. As long as the subscription was not too big.

At its most basic all questions would be the same for everybody and the possible answers presented the same every time.

But it would be better if questions could be randomly selected from a big list and for answers to be presented in a random order.

Each employee would have their own user ID and password.

For an ASP solution I don't mind having to hard code users and passwords. On the server anyway.

I'm comfortable with ASP but not much else. And if it came to a database solution I'm comfortable with SQL but have no experience with setting up MYSQL or whatever free/cheap databases may be available. But I have had experience (many years ago) with setting up Oracle tables.

Any thoughts would be welcome.
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Take a look at SurveyMonkey. Small surveys (max 10 questions and 100 respondents) are free, for larger ones there is a modest fee.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='782418' date='30-Jun-2009 13:28']Take a look at SurveyMonkey. Small surveys (max 10 questions and 100 respondents) are free, for larger ones there is a modest fee.[/quote]

I don't think SurveyMonkey supports authentication of users.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='StuartR' post='782431' date='01-Jul-2009 01:20']I don't think SurveyMonkey supports authentication of users.[/quote]Thanks Stuart.

I do require authentication of users.

And I am talking old ASP. Not dotNET.
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.