2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi all,

Word 2003 (+2007?)VBA: How to program the Clipboard pane

In a VBA package I have built I needed to use Copy and Paste, which use the Word clipboard. While testing my package I then noticed that if I had performed a 'Copy command (intending to then later do a Paste) before using one of my VBA operations, then after, it is cleared from the clipboard and so no longer available for Paste. After using my VBA package ops, I would like to be able to restore the original clipboard contents.

I have noticed that in Word 2003 there is a Clipboard pane into which I can copy as many items as I wish. Then I can select whichever one I want and paste it. This would solve the issue, but I can't find the VBA interface for accessing the items in the Clipboard pane. Can anybody tell me?

TIA

avi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    As far as I know, the Office clipboard is not accessible in the VBA object model.

You can manipulate the Windows clipboard using the DataObject available in the Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library - see Windows Clipboard.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='782457' date='30-Jun-2009 16:06']As far as I know, the Office clipboard is not accessible in the VBA object model.

You can manipulate the Windows clipboard using the DataObject available in the Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library - see Windows Clipboard.[/quote]

Can you put in the Windows clipboard all the Word formatting data information in order to copy a block of content formatted in Word?

avi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    No, unfortunately not, but you could use the DataObject to hold a text item while copying other items to and from the Windows clipboard (using Word's Copy and Paste methods).

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='782461' date='30-Jun-2009 16:38']No, unfortunately not, but you could use the DataObject to hold a text item while copying other items to and from the Windows clipboard (using Word's Copy and Paste methods).[/quote]

But font names, sizes and colors ARE copied...

But that is not the same things as Word information e.g., Style names.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    If necessary, you could create a new Word document in code, paste there, and later on copy the contents to the clipboard again and discard the document.