Thread: Deleted items

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    When I go into the Deleted Items folder of my PSD, all I see there are email items. Even though I am CERTAIN that I had deleted address book contacts as well, they are not showing up in there. Does anyone know why?

Regards,
    JMT

Thanks
    [quote name='jmt356' post='782527' date='30-Jun-2009 20:20']When I go into the Deleted Items folder of my PSD, all I see there are email items. Even though I am CERTAIN that I had deleted address book contacts as well, they are not showing up in there. Does anyone know why?[/quote]
    I sort my Sent Items by date, so deleted contacts are mixed in randomly as though they were messages. Strange. If you click the icon column, that sorts them in the order Appointment, Meeting, Contact, Message. Not sure whether that would work for you. (I use Outlook 2003 on an Exchange server and am looking at my main Deleted Items folder.)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Make sure that you are in Folder List, not in Mail when you select Deleted Items. When you are in Mail, you'll see only mail messages. When you are in Folder List, you'll be able to see all types of items (e-mails, appointments, contacts, tasks...)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am in the "Deleted Items" folder under "All Mail Folders." How do I get to the Folder List?

Regards,

JMT

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Click the Folder List button...
    [attachment=84553:x.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.png (8.1 KB, 0 views)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jmt356' post='783013' date='04-Jul-2009 19:35']How do I get to the Folder List?[/quote]
    There is also a keyboard shortcut for Folder List: Ctrl+6

(Ctrl+1 = Mail, Ctrl+2 = Calendar, Ctrl+3 = Contacts, Ctrl+4 = Tasks, Ctrl+5 = Notes, Ctrl+6 = Folder List, Ctrl+7 = Shortcuts, Ctrl+8 = Journal)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Even in the Personal Folders list, I am only getting emails in my Deleted Items folder.

In my Deleted Items folder in my Archive Folders, in contrast, I get both deleted calendar and notes files (see attached).

I thought perhaps this meant that I only had deleted emails in my Deleted Items folder in my Personal Folders list, but then I tried creating and deleting a contact in order ot test it, and it didn't show up in my Deleted Items folder. So it can't be that there are simply no non-email items in my Deleted Items folder.

What else might it be?

Regards,

JMT
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Perhaps you have a view on your Deleted Items folder that applies a filter - check View | Arrange By | Current View | Customize Current View.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The filter is off, but just noted the oddest thing. In my deleted items folder, I have all of my email accounts listed with the respective deleted emails listed underneath each one, but the first email account, which is my primary email account, is listed twice, with the second appearance holding all of my deleted emails, and the first appearance holding all of my draft emails and deleted calendar appointments, contacts, tasks, and memos. So all of these items were there, but they were in a place I did not expect them!

Regards,

JMT