2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm trying to find a screensaver which can take the contents of a file and display it as the screensaver text - scrolling I presume. I also need the screensaver to re-read the text file on a regular basis and change the screensaver text to show the new data.

Preferably free!!

Any ideas from anyone?

John

Thanks
    [quote name='jaf90' post='782584' date='01-Jul-2009 13:09']Any ideas from anyone?[/quote]
    Sounds like you want a 'marquee' screen-saver. Google brings up several thousand possibilities, including this and this.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jaf90' post='782584' date='01-Jul-2009 08:09']Any ideas from anyone?[/quote]
    In addition to the two from Leif, I found this one but have no experience with the site or the vendor. Be wary of internet screensavers!

Download Fading Text Screen Saver 1.0 - A text screensaver that will show the text lines from a text file. - Softpedia

It doesn't say anything about changing or updating the text file, so I suppose you would have to do that manually.

Added Later: Just for the safety of it, I downloaded the file and scanned it with both Avast and Malwarebytes. It shows up clean.