Thanks
    Has anyone any idea what would invoke this message after changing the short-date separator in my Regional Settings to '-' and later re-booting?

---------------------------
    Regional Settings Error
    WARNING :

Regional settings within the control panel must be set to 'United Kingdom' or 'Ireland' and the short date format must be set to 'dd/MM/yy'. The current regional settings are set to 'United Kingdom' and the short date format is set to 'dd-MM-yy'. It is not recommended that you continue, but in exceptional circumstances after speaking with technical support you may do so.

Have you been given the authority to continue?
    Yes No

Given the authority by whom?!!!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Do you have security software that guards against changes to system settings?

Do you have software that depends on the date format being dd/MM/yy?

Added: perhaps you can use Task Manager to find out which process/application generates the warning.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    This does NOT look like an operating system error message to me. It looks like the kind of message a corporate PC might generate.

Who built this PC?

Thanks
    Thanks for the ideas, but;

Do you have security software that guards against changes to system settings?
    Not that I am aware of!

Do you have software that depends on the date format being dd/MM/yy?
    Our accounts software requires the short-date separator to be set to whatever it is set to in RS (otherwise it doesn't print the date in reports ). I changed it (in RS) about a month ago, but something seems to have changed it back...

Added: perhaps you can use Task Manager to find out which process/application generates the warning.
    Tried that, couldn't see anything obvious.

Thanks
    [quote name='StuartR' post='782865' date='03-Jul-2009 13:48']This does NOT look like an operating system error message to me. It looks like the kind of message a corporate PC might generate.

Who built this PC?[/quote]
    Dell, but I'm more suspicious of Sage, despite the fact I hadn't started anything...