Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

I have been trying to goto WindowsSecrets.Com for the last 3-4 days (even via link at bottom of Wood's Lounge), after 30-60 seconds of "LOADING" I get status is done with a blank page.

I have tried on 2 different computers (Desktop and notebook) with Firefox and IE8.

Is there aproblem with the site or do I need to check for gremlins ?

Thanks

Edited 0902 CDT Hours 20090703 to correct spelling
    Scott

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    It's not working for me either.

Thanks
    [quote name='StuartR' post='782879' date='03-Jul-2009 15:40']It's not working for me either.[/quote]
    ... and I get a time out if I try to ping the site.

Ian

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='IanWilson' post='782888' date='03-Jul-2009 11:12']... and I get a time out if I try to ping the site.

Ian[/quote]
    I don't know where the site is hosted, but I just saw this posted on Slashdot regarding a major data center outage in Seattle.

Related possibly??
    Christopher Baldrey

Thanks
    I can't reach it either although I did receive their newsletter yesterday.
    Regards,
    PaulB

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The mail server used by WindowsSecrets and the Lounge is separate from the respective sites themselves, as far as I know.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Still out of contact at this time...

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Say, where are all these Loungers who have a Fourth of July date on their posts? (I never could figure out the dating system for email and such things.)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='peterg' post='782928' date='03-Jul-2009 17:47']Say, where are all these Loungers who have a Fourth of July date on their posts? (I never could figure out the dating system for email and such things.)[/quote]
    It seems to me that if YOU have your profile set for the correct time, you should be seeing posts (date and time) in YOUR time zone, in spite of the fact that it's already 4 July in some parts of the world. Can you give me an example of a post?

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Angry

[quote name='Bigaldoc' post='782930' date='04-Jul-2009 06:02']It seems to me that if YOU have your profile set for the correct time, you should be seeing posts (date and time) in YOUR time zone, in spite of the fact that it's already 4 July in some parts of the world. Can you give me an example of a post?[/quote]

That is most embarrassing.
    I haven't the faintest idea where I SET the time in my profile, but the time is correct and the date is not.
    I presume that everyone with a Fourth of July date is somewhere west of the International Date Line and east of me, since it will still be July 3 in this location for the next five hours.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Click Controls (in the bar near the top of each Lounge page).
    Under Options, on the left hand side, click Board Settings.
    The first setting is Your base time zone - select the correct one from the dropdown.
    The second setting is Auto correct DST - tick this if you want to correct for daylight saving time automatically.
    Click "Change My Account Options".

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='782915' date='03-Jul-2009 14:36']The mail server used by WindowsSecrets and the Lounge is separate from the respective sites themselves, as far as I know.[/quote]

I performed a Whois search HERE which shows the website IP location is in Washington DC.

Still out so far - I to have received the newsletters.
    Scott

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    http://www.adhost.com/blog/2009/07/03/fish...st-power-event/
    Seems we're hosted in that particular facility: that would be Seattle WA (PDT/GMT-7) not Washington DC
    They say it should be another couple hours (from now), but then they also said it would probably be back by 1pm (that was >4 hours ago).

Our server guy (Tony) mentioned getting a temporary site up with a simple maintenance-style message but I haven't heard if/how that's coming along.

July 4 @ 3:30am: Seems we've got power back, but because of how we set up the maintenance page it'll still be a bit before WindowsSecrets.com is back to normal. (why? because Tony's asleep right now, silly... just like I should be)

[quote name='HansV' post='782915' date='03-Jul-2009 12:36']The mail server used by WindowsSecrets and the Lounge is separate from the respective sites themselves, as far as I know.[/quote]
    I'm not too sure about that... I think we might be routing Lounge mail through our servers. Well, I'm pretty sure we were doing that at one point, but we may have changed the configuration since then.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='DamianWadley' post='782950' date='04-Jul-2009 02:17']I'm not to sure about that... I think we might be routing Lounge mail through our servers.[/quote]
    OK, thanks for the heads up.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='782951' date='03-Jul-2009 17:20']OK, thanks for the heads up.[/quote]
    Okay, I just checked: we're both right.

Lounge mail is being sent through our servers, but it's our mail server - which is quite separate from our web server. Mail here should be working perfectly fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast