Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

I have created a template that has to be rebuilt due to a corruption, so wanted to check on this function to see what best practice is (I had initially used the setting).

Is there much value in using "Different first page" in Page Setup (the template in question does have a different front page -- it has a title page, which is followed by a contents page), or would it be better just to use normal section breaks to differentiate the pages?

I want to reduce complexity (as I need quite a lot of functionality from the headers and footers) and room for error so what's the best option here?

Many thanks,
    Sam

Thanks
    I don't think it much matters unless either (a) you are ever likely to have the first section more than one page long, or (b) you are likely to want to have a different first page on the second section. If your contents might stretch to more than one page then you might want the fist page of the contents to have a different first page to the rest of the contents, in which case starting the contents at the start of a new second section would work best.

Ian