3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy

Is there a way to apply a Setup, Uninstall application to a folder that uses Excel Workbook.xlsm. any sudjestions about a disclaimer.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm not sure I understand, but perhaps you can use a product such as Setup Factory. Our moderator and Excel MVP Pieterse has written an article about it: Installing An Excel Add-in Using Setup Factory.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Talking

[quote name='HansV' post='782966' date='04-Jul-2009 02:01']I'm not sure I understand, but perhaps you can use a product such as Setup Factory. Our moderator and Excel MVP Pieterse has written an article about it: Installing An Excel Add-in Using Setup Factory.[/quote]
    Hi HansV
    Thank you for the great web site, it looked very interesting. But what I was referring to is. I am developing an Excel application that I want put on a cd, But I need for it to have a setup/uninstall format attached. Or maybe you might have a better method.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    For an Excel workbook, you don't really need a setup. Users can simply copy it from the CD to their hard disk and use it.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='782992' date='04-Jul-2009 07:06']For an Excel workbook, you don't really need a setup. Users can simply copy it from the CD to their hard disk and use it.[/quote]
    Hi HansV
    The reasons for the setup/uninstall is for the unknowing person, with limited computer skills. This way from the autorun to setup/uninstall it will already give a destination to install file and add an icon on decktop. More user friendly.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I assume that a program such as Setup Factory can do that, but I haven't used it myself.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='782994' date='04-Jul-2009 07:27']I assume that a program such as Setup Factory can do that, but I haven't used it myself.[/quote]
    Hi HansV
    I did fully read the complete details; I was thinking it might have been more in the line of cleaning and removal of programs, but I will check it out further. Thanks
    Do you have any other possible thoughts how I might achieve my goal……
    You can never get to many ideas.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't have further suggestions, but hopefully others will.