Thread: DBEngine

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Do programmers still widely use DBEngine nowadays?
    Will DAO be phased out soon?
    Is it worthwhile to learn about DAO?
    Armstrong

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    About 10 years ago, Microsoft planned to phase out DAO in favor of ADO. In Access 2000 and 2002, ADO became the default data object model. But although ADO is in many ways more general and more flexible than DAO, it is also more difficult to program, and there are some things DAO can do that ADO can't. DAO remained very popular among Access developers. In Access 2003 DAO was reinstated as the default data object model, and Microsoft is no longer planning to make it obsolete.

I always use DAO with Microsoft Access. If you're planning to work with Access data, it's definitely worth learning to program in DAO.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='782970' date='04-Jul-2009 18:10']About 10 years ago, Microsoft planned to phase out DAO in favor of ADO. In Access 2000 and 2002, ADO became the default data object model. But although ADO is in many ways more general and more flexible than DAO, it is also more difficult to program, and there are some things DAO can do that ADO can't. DAO remained very popular among Access developers. In Access 2003 DAO was reinstated as the default data object model, and Microsoft is no longer planning to make it obsolete.

I always use DAO with Microsoft Access. If you're planning to work with Access data, it's definitely worth learning to program in DAO.[/quote]
    Thanks for sharing your valuable personal preference.
    I'll follow in your footsteps.
    Thanks.
    Armstrong