2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello -

Have another problem. I use AOL for email. Can I “tell” Lexmark to use AOL when I want to “Create Email.”

I’m lost when I go to Control Panel/Mail/Profiles.

Thanks for any advice!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Has AOL been set as the default mail program in Internet Explorer > Tools | Internet Options... > Programs tab, or in Start | Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Program Access and Defaults?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='783021' date='04-Jul-2009 14:01']Has AOL been set as the default mail program in Internet Explorer > Tools | Internet Options... > Programs tab, or in Start | Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Program Access and Defaults?[/quote]

Thanks, Hans. WIll check that out when I get to my PC.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='mipendance' post='783032' date='04-Jul-2009 16:07']Thanks, Hans. WIll check that out when I get to my PC.[/quote]

Hello, Hans -

Using Word 2003. Still trying to establish AOL as my current email program.

I cannot set AOL as the default mail program via Control Panel - can't override choices of MS Office Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail.

(In Control Panel, Set program access and defaults, Use my current email program/ enable access to this program are checked. Does that indicate Microsoft Outlook as thought to be my default?)

If I go to Firefox Options/Applications and on mailto line I click use Other and browse to AOL, I see Installers...and don't know what to do next. Do I click on setup.exe? Surely I am missing a setting somewhere....

Strangely, I cannot see AOL in Control Panel Add/Remove programs...When I go to Program Files and click on AOL, I'm taken to Installer folder....

Thank you.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't have AOL myself, hopefully someone who does will be able to tell you what steps are needed.

Thanks
    I've never used AOL mail but isn't that a webmail application like Google Mail? If that is the case, it shouldn't be confused with an email client like Thunderbird, Outlook, Outlook Express etc. And that raises the question: can a webmail application be set as the default email program? I don't think so.
    Regards,
    PaulB

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='PaulB' post='784585' date='14-Jul-2009 16:18']I've never used AOL mail but isn't that a webmail application like Google Mail? If that is the case, it shouldn't be confused with an email client like Thunderbird, Outlook, Outlook Express etc. And that raises the question: can a webmail application be set as the default email program? I don't think so.[/quote]

This is becoming even stranger. My sister also uses AOL. We both have Windows XP, SP2. AOL shows up in her Program Files and under Set program access and defaults, she has the option to choose AOL as the default email program. (She doesn't have a scanner so she can't determine what email program(s) would appear when scanning.)

I inherited the PC and its programs. Don't understand why AOL doesn't show up in Add/Remove Programs. Perhaps because it's not there it's not recognized? But I don't have any trouble accessing AOL. Perhaps I should uninstall and reinstall?

Any ideas out there?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='mipendance' post='784611' date='14-Jul-2009 23:12']This is becoming even stranger. My sister also uses AOL. We both have Windows XP, SP2. AOL shows up in her Program Files and under Set program access and defaults, she has the option to choose AOL as the default email program. (She doesn't have a scanner so she can't determine what email program(s) would appear when scanning.)

I inherited the PC and its programs. Don't understand why AOL doesn't show up in Add/Remove Programs. Perhaps because it's not there it's not recognized? But I don't have any trouble accessing AOL. Perhaps I should uninstall and reinstall?

Any ideas out there?[/quote]
    I have moved this post from our Hardware forum to "Other browsers and email clients", as it definitely isn't a hardware problem.

I am not familiar with AOL, did you install the AOL software from a CD or web download, did you use the same version as your Sister? If you can do so easily then try unistalling and reinstalling AOL.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Since I inherited the computer, I don't know the answer to how AOL was installed.

I will check which version my sister has. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.