Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,

I have created an AutoText function in my template to insert a landscape page, but I'm finding that it's pretty flaky (example document attached as I don't seem to be allowed to attached a .dot template).

I'm able to set it up okay, but it sometimes disappears from the template when I open it up again (so I have to set it up again) -- it's not available through AutoText, it's completely gone -- is this a known problem? (It's a .dot file that I am directly editing rather than a document based on it.)

In general, what is the easiest way for users to insert AutoText -- through the Insert>AutoText menu?

Secondly, however hard I try, I am not able to get the page numbering to correctly number. My template starts with a title page, and the following two pages are dedicated to table of contents, so it's the page after the ToC that I want the numbering to start from 1 (I have therefore had to specify "Start at 1" in the page numbering for this section).

However, when the AutoText landscape page is inserted, the last section renumbers itself from 1, even though I have made sure the section breaks in my AutoText entry do not restart page numbering (and redefined the AutoText entry based on this). Is there something I am doing wrong here?

If it's not something I'm doing wrong, what would be the best way to enable users to press a button at the end, just before publish, which would automatically check the numbering starts at 1 on the page after the ToC and continues from the previous section thereafter? (I would rather keep it simple and get the AutoText function to work correctly if possible.)

Many thanks,
    Sam
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    If you want to attach a template (.dot), you have to zip it and attach the zip file.
    The document that you attached doesn't contain AutoText entries (only templates do), so there's not much we can do with it.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Hans -- zipped template attached.

[quote name='HansV' post='783192' date='06-Jul-2009 06:13']If you want to attach a template (.dot), you have to zip it and attach the zip file.
    The document that you attached doesn't contain AutoText entries (only templates do), so there's not much we can do with it.[/quote]

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The template doesn't contain AutoText entries. You have to make sure that you select the template in the "Look in" dropdown when creating a new AutoText entry.

In the attached version, I have added an AutoText entry named Landscape. Page numbering continues in and past it.
    There's a custom toolbar button (to the left of the Cut button on the Standard toolbar) that inserts the AutoText entry.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks very much for all your help.

[quote name='HansV' post='783196' date='06-Jul-2009 07:47']The template doesn't contain AutoText entries. You have to make sure that you select the template in the "Look in" dropdown when creating a new AutoText entry.

In the attached version, I have added an AutoText entry named Landscape. Page numbering continues in and past it.
    There's a custom toolbar button (to the left of the Cut button on the Standard toolbar) that inserts the AutoText entry.[/quote]