New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello,

I've searched this forum and the web without finding the information I need, hence this question:

Now that some users of my template are using Word 2007, they have to enable the macro content any time they reopen a document with my macro attached.

I would like to add to my template installer a macro to add the place the template goes to the list of trusted locations.

I can record macros, but when I try to record
    Word Options->Trust Center->Trust Center Settings->Trusted Locations->Add
    type in new location
    OK->OK etc
    nothing is recorded.

The trusted locations get stored in the registry, so I could use the VBA registry manipulation instructions, but I'd rather not do that.

Anybody know the VBA commands to do this in the Word Object Model?

Jim

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't have Office 2007 so I can't help you with your question, but it seems reasonable to me that you can't record a macro of adding a trusted location - that would make it too easy for creators of macro viruses!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Jim,

Just approaching this from another direction, if you can arrange to store your templates in a single consistent location on each user's PC, and get each user to (manually) set up that location as a trusted location, they would only need to do it once, and then no macro warnings would appear when they open docs based on your templates.

Gary