5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a template I created for proposals. The document went through a number of modifications before being final. Problem is, every time I start a new document based on that template, it opens in review mode with all the comments and mark ups visible.

I have tried opening the template and making sure no mark ups or comments are visible and, I think, having turned off the review feature. All to no avail. Any thought on how I can just get a clean document to open?

Oh, I am using Word 2007.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Open the template, and accept all revisions, make sure that Track Changes is off, then save the template.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This is simply how Track Changes works. You can change how the revision marks display on your own screen, but that is not the same as eliminating them (and anyone receiving the document can change the display on their screen, meaning they also can see markings that normally are intended to be confidential). In order to get rid of the revision marks altogether, you must accept (or reject) all of them.

Jan

Author, "Formatting Legal Documents With Microsoft Office Word 2007"
    Available on Lulu.com and on Amazon.com

For Word and WordPerfect tips, also see my (new) blog: http://compusavvy.wordpress.com
    Author, Formatting Legal Documents With Microsoft Word 2016,
    Formatting Legal Documents With Microsoft Word 2010​,
    and Formatting Legal Documents With Microsoft Office Word 2007

For Word and WordPerfect tips, visit my blog at http://compusavvy.wordpress.com

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you all very much. What relief to not see that each time.

[quote name='janbphd' post='783601' date='08-Jul-2009 11:03']This is simply how Track Changes works. You can change how the revision marks display on your own screen, but that is not the same as eliminating them (and anyone receiving the document can change the display on their screen, meaning they also can see markings that normally are intended to be confidential). In order to get rid of the revision marks altogether, you must accept (or reject) all of them.

Jan

Author, "Formatting Legal Documents With Microsoft Office Word 2007"
    Available on Lulu.com and on Amazon.com

For Word and WordPerfect tips, also see my (new) blog: http://compusavvy.wordpress.com[/quote]