liner
    I have a document with a HUGE table in it. When I close the document, and open a new document Word still is using 20 - 30% of the CPU time according to the Windows Task Manager. THis goes on for some time; in fact I have not seen it stop after 15 minutes. No other programs are running, except the ones the network administrator puts in the startup.

If I shut down Word and reopen it, this does not occur. The new document is open, and Word is sitting at zero CPU time.

Any thoughts?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Does Word also keep on using a large amount of memory after closing the document with the large table?

liner
    [quote name='HansV' post='783608' date='08-Jul-2009 13:44']Does Word also keep on using a large amount of memory after closing the document with the large table?[/quote]

Yes, and it is also having to use disk memory as I only have 1 GB of RAM.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I fear that it looks like a bug in Word's memory management. Quitting and restarting Word is probably the best you can do.

liner
    Thanks. I suspected as such, but there is always hope. At least it is not as bad as some programs were with memory leakage.