Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Excel 2003
    I have a workbook, where I want to sum data from one tab into another, based on 2 sets of criteria.

The first tab (where I want everything to sum up at) Has a week ending (w/e) date column(ex: 07/03/09, say in cell B1). & It has variance categories (ex. Ahead of Schedule (say A2).
    The second tab also has a w/e date column (A:A) & the variance categories (B:, & hour values assigned (C:C).

I want the first tab to sum everything from the second tab as long as the dates & categories match....

Like a sumif : Sheet1!B1=sheet2!A:A, and Sheet2!B:B="Ahead of Schedule"...If those two criterias are met, I want it to return the sum of hours in sheet2!C:C. Sheet2, column B may have several entries for w/e 7/3/09...with various variance categories. It also may contain other w/e dates, like 6/26/09 or 6/19/09. However, each week, I am only concerned with the previous w/e date...so each week Sheet1!A2 's date will change & I'll need the sum to only show for the new w/e date. That's why I need it referenced to the cell, not an actual date value from the first tab.

any and all help would be Greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm not sure I completely understand your description, but you should be able to use a formula similar to this in a cell on Sheet1:

=SUMPRODUCT((Sheet2!$A$2:$A$1000=B1)*(Sheet2!$B$2: $B$1000=A2)*Sheet2!$C$2:$C$1000)

where B1 is the cell on Sheet1 with the reference date and A2 is the cell on Sheet1 with the variance category.

Adjust the bounds 2 ... 1000 as needed.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Here is an example of the file I'm working with....
    I'm concentrating to correct the formula on "Wed-Presentation" tab, Row 5 to only calculate the items from "AA3 0801" tab that match the category & w/e date from "Wed-Presentation" tab.

Row 6 is calculating the same data, just not distinguishing a week ending date.

--I'm not sure if the formula you provided will do what I need.

Again, thank you very much!!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You can use this formula in D5 on Wed-Presentation:

=SUMPRODUCT((INDIRECT("'"&$B5&" "&$C5&"'!A2:A8")=$A5)*(INDIRECT("'"&$B5&" "&$C5&"'!F2:F8")=D$1)*INDIRECT("'"&$B5&" "&$C5&"'!E2:E8"))

This formula can be filled right to U5, and it can be copied to D8:U8, D11:U11 etc. I've assumed that you'll enter a date in A8, A11 etc. If not, change $A5 to $A$5 in the formula, all rows will then refer back to A5.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='783634' date='08-Jul-2009 21:07']You can use this formula in D5 on Wed-Presentation:

=SUMPRODUCT((INDIRECT("'"&$B5&" "&$C5&"'!A2:A8")=$A5)*(INDIRECT("'"&$B5&" "&$C5&"'!F2:F8")=D$1)*INDIRECT("'"&$B5&" "&$C5&"'!E2:E8"))

This formula can be filled right to U5, and it can be copied to D8:U8, D11:U11 etc. I've assumed that you'll enter a date in A8, A11 etc. If not, change $A5 to $A$5 in the formula, all rows will then refer back to A5.[/quote]

Yes that worked! Thank you so much Hans!!!! I would have thought I would have indicated the date value & category values & all! Thank you so much!!!!