3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Pl have a look in attachment. In protected version of file (cell locked but not hidden), required to display the value in formula bar instead of formula (whereever applicable). Is it possible?

It sounds funny but still keeping hope.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards
    Prasad

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    If you set the hidden property of all formula cells the formulas are hidden as soon as you protect the worksheet.
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='pieterse' post='783719' date='09-Jul-2009 04:49']If you set the hidden property of all formula cells the formulas are hidden as soon as you protect the worksheet.[/quote]
    Thats right but cells are locked/protected only to update/change but not hidden. On select cell, i want excel to displays the value, not the formula linked to it.
    Regards
    Prasad

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    As far as I know, there is no way to have Excel display the value in the formula bar for a cell that contains a formula. It either displays the formula or nothing.

You could lock the cells with formulas and protect the worksheet clearing the option "Select locked cells". That way, the user cannot select a cell with a formula.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='783727' date='09-Jul-2009 07:04']As far as I know, there is no way to have Excel display the value in the formula bar for a cell that contains a formula. It either displays the formula or nothing.

You could lock the cells with formulas and protect the worksheet clearing the option "Select locked cells". That way, the user cannot select a cell with a formula.[/quote]
    as per my understanding.

Thanks
    Regards
    Prasad