Thanks
    I have a long word document with only text that I add to every day.

It is about 60 pages long so far and when I am through with adding any text I save the document.

My problem is that every time I open the document I have to scroll down to where I left off the day before.

Is there a way the for me to set up this document so that the next time I open this word document, it opens at the end of the last entry?

Would save a lot of scrolling.

Please reply
    Catz

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='pauliez' post='783775' date='09-Jul-2009 09:35']I have a long word document with only text that I add to every day.

It is about 60 pages long so far and when I am through with adding any text I save the document.

My problem is that every time I open the document I have to scroll down to where I left off the day before.

Is there a way the for me to set up this document so that the next time I open this word document, it opens at the end of the last entry?

Would save a lot of scrolling.[/quote]

Try Ctrl+End.

Joe
    Joe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Or if you want to go to the place where you last edited the document (not necessarily at the end of the document), press Shift+F5.

You could create a macro that is executed automatically when the document is opened, and that goes to the end of the document or to the place where you last edited it, whichever you prefer.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Depending on what you are trying to achieve, you may want to think about using a text document. If the first line of a text document is
    .LOG
    on a line by itself, then when you open it with Notepad it will scroll to the end and add the date and time ready for you to create a new entry.

Thanks
    [quote name='StuartR' post='783826' date='09-Jul-2009 20:10']Depending on what you are trying to achieve, you may want to think about using a text document. If the first line of a text document is
    .LOG
    on a line by itself, then when you open it with Notepad it will scroll to the end and add the date and time ready for you to create a new entry.[/quote]
    So it does! I never knew that.

Ian

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='783787' date='09-Jul-2009 23:09']Or if you want to go to the place where you last edited the document (not necessarily at the end of the document), press Shift+F5.

You could create a macro that is executed automatically when the document is opened, and that goes to the end of the document or to the place where you last edited it, whichever you prefer.[/quote]

Thanks Hans, the "Shift + F5 worked great.
    Catz