Thread: System Restore

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi -

Is there a way to delete all but say the last 2-3 system restores? Thank you

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    [quote name='acerfmayer' post='783784' date='09-Jul-2009 10:04']Is there a way to delete all but say the last 2-3 system restores? Thank you[/quote]

If you are looking for a way to permanently use less space for System Restores - right click My Computer, select Properties | System restore | Settings. Adjust the slider to the amount of storage you wish to allow for System restore and OK your way out.

The amount of space you'd need for 2-3 restore points varys by system. If you know how many you have now you can try some artihmetic to guess at what 2-3 would take. I recommend you leave a fair amount of "slop" in your calculations.

Joe
    Joe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Disk Cleanup, More Options tab, has a button to delete all but the most recent restore point.

The free utility CCleaner lets you delete restore points selectively.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='783792' date='09-Jul-2009 11:17']Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Disk Cleanup, More Options tab, has a button to delete all but the most recent restore point.

The free utility CCleaner lets you delete restore points selectively.[/quote]

Thanks, Hans. I wanted at least 2 restore points so Disk Cleanup wasn't for me as it deletes all but last point.

I cannot find where in CCleaner the option is for restore points. Can you point me to the appropriate tab. Thank you.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Activate the Tools tab, then click System Restore.
    You can select restore points (except for the most recent one) the same way you select files in Windows Explorer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.png (18.9 KB, 0 views)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='783796' date='09-Jul-2009 11:48']Activate the Tools tab, then click System Restore.
    You can select restore points (except for the most recent one) the same way you select files in Windows Explorer.[/quote]

Thank you, Hans. The reason I couldn't find that option is that I was running an older version of Ccleaner and had only the options of Uninstall and Startup under Tools.

Thanks to you, am up-to-date.

Acer

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    With utilities like these, it's worthwhile to keep up-to-date: new features are added frequently. You can now set CCleaner to check whether there's a new version when you start it (in Options > Settings). And updates are usually announced in our Other Software Applications forum.