4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Attached is a brief mock up of a system I am working on. Please excuse the naming conventions here. There is a report "tblclient" that has a sub "tbl case" which in turn has a sub "tbljunctionRisk". A client can have a number of cases and each case can have many risks. Also "tblclient" report has another sub "tbljunctionChk" with client also having many checks. I have my report looking how I want but I am struggling with the summary counting. In this example I need to be able to count at adviser level; the number of risks, number of checks and similarly overall for the entire report.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Currently I am using functions that point to a number of queries in the background that I have set up to get the counts to work at the various grouping levels (not on this but the actual DB). As you can imagine it takes a while for the calcs to form and therefore there are performance issues.

Many thanks, Darren.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Look up DCount in the VBA help or in DCount Function - Access - Microsoft Office Online.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Here is a version of the report that uses DCount to provide the summary counts.
    Attached Files Attached Files

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='783819' date='09-Jul-2009 19:29']Here is a version of the report that uses DCount to provide the summary counts.[/quote]

Fantastic Hans, Cheers, Darren