Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am using Firefox, really can not remember last time I used IE.
    Is anybody using Chrome? Is it even worth trying?
    Thanks, Barnnie

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

I use Internet Explorer 8 as my main browser, but I use both Firefox (3.5 currently) and Chrome for testing purposes.

Chrome is a good browser; it's certainly worth a try. I like its mimimalistic interface and speed, but I'm not sure I'd use it as my main browser. Firefox is much more customizable, for instance.

You can install and run several browsers side by side, so why not give Chrome a spin?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='barnnies' post='783820' date='09-Jul-2009 14:46']I am using Firefox, really can not remember last time I used IE.
    Thanks, Barnnie[/quote]

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

I agree with Hans. Go ahead and install Chrome, it won't hurt anything. Just don't tell it to be your default browser. You can run IE, Fx AND Chrome on the same machine without any "interference" one with the other.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your help.
    I D/L Chrome and it seems to be working.
    Will play with it now and then.
    FF still my main browser.
    Barnnie

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Why not give the Deepnet Browser a try? Firefox is good but there are times when it is not possible to access all the features of some banks, and it is good to use another browser other than IE, which is constantly under attack from hackers.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    As a courtesy to Loungers who may want to look at it, here's a link:

Thanks
    [quote name='Bobjacq' post='790363' date='23-Aug-2009 06:56']Why not give the Deepnet Browser a try? Firefox is good but there are times when it is not possible to access all the features of some banks, and it is good to use another browser other than IE, which is constantly under attack from hackers.[/quote]
    Personally, I am concerned that this product has not been updated in three years. Perhaps its design is perfect and no flaws have been discovered during that time, but ... that seems optimistic. The Deepnet Explorer browser appears to be built on top of the components of IE installed on the user's system, so hopefully as long as you keep IE patched up, you will avoid serious problems with Deepnet.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='783855' date='09-Jul-2009 17:26']Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

I agree with Hans. Go ahead and install Chrome, it won't hurt anything. Just don't tell it to be your default browser. You can run IE, Fx AND Chrome on the same machine without any "interference" one with the other.[/quote]

I'm a new newbie in Woody's Lounge.
    I'm running Netscape 4 (with Java and Javascripts disabled for Safe ---well! safer---Surfing) and 8
    IE8
    FF 3.5.3
    Google Chrome and
    Opera

Without being able to pinpoint features exactly, some sites and/or searches,
    somehow, feel better or more "right" with one or another.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='3strokes' post='795221' date='27-Sep-2009 22:39']I'm a new newbie in Woody's Lounge.
    I'm running Netscape 4 (with Java and Javascripts disabled for Safe ---well! safer---Surfing) and 8
    IE8
    FF 3.5.3
    Google Chrome and
    Opera

Without being able to pinpoint features exactly, some sites and/or searches,
    somehow, feel better or more "right" with one or another.[/quote]

You're absolutely correct. I like Opera too (and the browser, as well)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='3strokes' post='796334' date='05-Oct-2009 03:38']You're absolutely correct. I like Opera too (and the browser, as well) [/quote]
    I use all of the above browsers except DeepNet. I also have used Flock. Can't remember why I stopped. I've played with Safari a bit too (although, from a PC). I use multiple browsers at the same time because I compartmentalize my browsing like I do my filing. I can only access one Yahoo Account per browser, and I have 3 Yahoo e-mail addresses to check. Then one is basically for Facebook stuff, another is for commercial pursuits, etc.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by barnnies View Post
    Thanks, Barnnie
    I have MS Explorer (hated it and still do) and was using Avant browser - which worked. I then downloaded Chrome and found it to be excellent for my use, i.e. minimalist user interface and fast (at least until recently but that's another story).
    Thanks.
    Robie

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Barnnie

Well Barnnie I'm using it and I like. Is it better then Firefox? Probably not. It loads pages a little faster and there are less people using it. I like the absence of a tool bar, you will find everything you need in the upper right hand corner to customize it and make it do what you want. And I especially like the incognito page function. Is it worth trying; Sure, your always learning you might as well enjoy it. It's the only reason I'm here to learn.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigaldoc View Post
    Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

I agree with Hans. Go ahead and install Chrome, it won't hurt anything. Just don't tell it to be your default browser. You can run IE, Fx AND Chrome on the same machine without any "interference" one with the other.
    Why don't you want to make Chrome your default browser? I know why I don't want IE as my default browser.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I use Chrome (the developers version) as my default browser and love it, It does everything the others do, but faster. If there's ever anything it can't render properly, you can always use another browser, but I rarely have to use anything else.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Chrome is a great browser, but it has 2 distinct problems.

1. Install - Chrome only installs to your Documents and Settings Directory. This is a real problem since this is the last place you want anything installed. There is a portable version of Chrome (portableapps.com) that will give you the option of installing it anywhere.
    2. Spyware - Google creates a unique for every download of Chrome. So It makes your computer/browsing more identifiable than before. You need to download and run UnChrome in order to better anonymize your browsing.

I have 11 different browsers installed on my system at the current time. Many of these I use for development/design purposes only. I have both the stable Chrome version and the beta - both are the portable version and I've used unchrome on them.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast