New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have had to reinstall everything on my PC after a problem last week after upgrading to IE8 totally screwed my PC. I am running Win XP SP3 and have gone back to IE7 but have some problems that were not there before. I have downloaded all applicable updates from Microsoft apart from .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 3.1. I have enable tabbed browsing as before but although I can see tabs and click on them I no longer get the option of opening a link in a new tab when right clicking on a link. When right clicking on a link all I can do is open in a new window. There is no menu item for another tab. Another problem that has arisen is that when trying to view my browsing History I see no list of web sites visited whatsoever. The only History I can see is whatever programs I have been using on my PC itself.

I have gone through Internet options to reset History cache size and have it set to save 20 days history but to no avail. What has happened?

Thanks
    Have you (inadvertently) set IE to clear the history when it closes?

If you browse to several pages/sites, do they show up in the history before you close IE?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='keithchemist' post='783942' date='10-Jul-2009 10:57']I no longer get the option of opening a link in a new tab when right clicking on a link. When right clicking on a link all I can do is open in a new window. There is no menu item for another tab.[/quote]
    See Diagnosing and resolving problems with Tabbed Browsing in IE7

Another suggestion I found was to reregister ieframe.dll:
    - Select Start | Run...
    - Type

regsvr32 ieframe.dll

- Press Enter or click OK.