3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Smile

I dumped an HP printer after many times to solve problems with it through their Customer Services.
    I would receive very long instructions, but after following the instructions, the software was still
    there and refused to be uninstalled.

I stupidly downloaded PCtools - even though I had problems with them before - Lots of promises
    but no action.

I tried System Restore to go back before I had either of these programs, but it also failed.

I ran my anti-virus program (Avast) and it check the machine thoroughly, and found no viruses,
    or other malware.

I've looked at the Registry, and it seems simple enough to delete things there, but have been warned
    that the world could come to an end if I did something wrong. I need someone familiar with the
    registry to tell me if I simply delete software there would be this risky. Writing to these two
    companies has gotten me nothing but more sales attempts, which is the last thing I want from either
    one of these nuisinces. Thanks for any advice / help

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='rabee' post='784099' date='10-Jul-2009 19:15']I dumped an HP printer after many times to solve problems with it through their Customer Services.
    I would receive very long instructions, but after following the instructions, the software was still
    there and refused to be uninstalled.

I stupidly downloaded PCtools - even though I had problems with them before - Lots of promises
    but no action.[/quote]

You should always try Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs first. But if that does not work, you can try Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs, Solve uninstall problems.

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Joe -
    I'm sorry to be so late in replying - I used to get notices that I've received a reply to my original
    entry, but apparently, that doesn't happen anymore??? Anyway, I appreciate the reply and it worked.
    BTW - I did try the add/remove.........over and over and over..........never worked on HP ! You'd think
    they'd learn that this procedure does absolutely nothing but ###### off their customers....but they just
    don't get it, do they?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='rabee' post='787448' date='04-Aug-2009 02:32']Thanks Joe -
    I'm sorry to be so late in replying - I used to get notices that I've received a reply to my original
    entry, but apparently, that doesn't happen anymore??? Anyway, I appreciate the reply and it worked.
    BTW - I did try the add/remove.........over and over and over..........never worked on HP ! You'd think
    they'd learn that this procedure does absolutely nothing but ###### off their customers....but they just
    don't get it, do they?[/quote]

Glad you got it worked out.

Yes, HP and other hardware vendors in particular do seem to have issues in removing their software properly.

BTW, see BigAl's Post 761615 on Lounge subscriptions.

Joe
    Joe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='rabee' post='787448' date='04-Aug-2009 03:32']... I used to get notices that I've received a reply to my original
    entry, but apparently, that doesn't happen anymore???[/quote]
    Also, look at your Controls (control panel) down toward the bottom, under Options, Email Settings to make sure you've set what you want.

[attachment=84979:2009_08_04_104642.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images