2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    All the people in my company have been trained in Outlook 2003. I have been using many features in Outlook (Plan Meetings, Filling out my calendar).
    Problem is, about 5% of the company do that even though they have been trained in these features. They continue to use paper and pencil.

Here is my question. Do you have any tricks or thoughts on now to get everyone on the same page (using these nice features)???

Everyone make excuses (to busy). I guess not wanting to change to something new.

Would like to here your feedback.

Thanks in advance.........

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='TheDon' post='784376' date='13-Jul-2009 14:00']All the people in my company have been trained in Outlook 2003. I have been using many features in Outlook (Plan Meetings, Filling out my calendar).
    Problem is, about 5% of the company do that even though they have been trained in these features. They continue to use paper and pencil.

Here is my question. Do you have any tricks or thoughts on now to get everyone on the same page (using these nice features)???

Everyone make excuses (to busy). I guess not wanting to change to something new.[/quote]

Definitive statements of support by management help. Official reprimands for misuse or non use can be required sometimes. Sometimes something even as strong as "your job depends on it" is required.

Joe
    Joe

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='TheDon' post='784376' date='13-Jul-2009 13:00']Do you have any tricks or thoughts on now to get everyone on the same page (using these nice features)???[/quote]
    To stress one of Joes points, change starts with management - get management to use all Outlook's tools and staff will follow to keep aligned with leadership. If any leaders undermine the goal, you won't succeed.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Just make sure that "Management" can use these new tools in the as designed way.
    I have seen some sloppy use of Outlook by management and that became the company standard.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='DaveA' post='784553' date='14-Jul-2009 12:22']I have seen some sloppy use of Outlook by management and that became the company standard.[/quote]Good point. I had a manager who was otherwise quite a good boss, who hated Outlook popup reminders on his PC so he sent all meeting requests without a reminder. A number of staff who rely on those reminders, including me, missed or were late for his meetings as a result, and his argument was "you should have printed you days appointments like I do". So much for the paperless office.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS