Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

I have a bunch of "rogue sounds" listed in "Sounds"... see example in the screenshot below. I've searched the entire hard drive and Registry for these "WSFTP" sounds and nothing is found. There are others too in this list that I would love to remove. The question, oddly enough is, Where are these things located? Or, if nothing else, How do I remove the unwanted sounds from this list if they don't exist (or which I can't seem to find)?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    A Google search for "wsftp windows sounds" showed lots of useful entries, including this one.

Thanks
    [quote name='Pilgrim' post='784398' date='13-Jul-2009 17:37']I have a bunch of "rogue sounds" listed in "Sounds"... see example in the screenshot below. I've searched the entire hard drive and Registry for these "WSFTP" sounds and nothing is found. There are others too in this list that I would love to remove. The question, oddly enough is, Where are these things located? Or, if nothing else, How do I remove the unwanted sounds from this list if they don't exist (or which I can't seem to find)?[/quote]
    Would you happen to have the Ipswitch WS_FTP software installed? These look like sounds which may be associated with that application. As for the native Windows sounds, they can be found in the Windows\Media folder.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Rebel' post='784404' date='13-Jul-2009 17:49']Would you happen to have the Ipswitch WS_FTP software installed? These look like sounds which may be associated with that application. As for the native Windows sounds, they can be found in the Windows\Media folder.[/quote]
    2. Yeh, I know where the Windows sounds are located, but thanks anyway.

1. Yep, I used to have WS_FTP installed, but it was uninstalled over a year ago.

Now what?
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='StuartR' post='784401' date='13-Jul-2009 17:42']A Google search for "wsftp windows sounds" showed lots of useful entries, including this one.[/quote]
    Well... my sincerest thanks for that tip. Although the suggestions didn't apply, i.e., checking the four locations suggested turned up nothing, it nonetheless motivated me to try another search in the Registry but this time I typed in the actual name of one of the sounds and unchecked "Match whole string only". This resulted in finding all the sounds here: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\ .Default.

So, I'm happy again! hehe
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Are these just entries or are the sounds still usable?
    Select one and the hit the Test button, if the sound plays then it is on your hard drive, if NOT then it is just a entry that was not cleaned up when you uninstalled the program.

I see this a lot and have NOT found a way to clean out the entries.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='DaveA' post='784529' date='14-Jul-2009 11:45']Are these just entries or are the sounds still usable?

I see this a lot and have NOT found a way to clean out the entries.[/quote]
    Dave,

In my case, they were just Registry entries since there wasn't anything leftover (files/folders) on the HDD for the uninstalled program.

Re: cleaning out the entries in the Registry, see my previous reply where I did find a way to remove them. For me it was just a matter of configuring the "Find" utility in RegeditX (I like this little free app much better than the default Regedit) to locate them.
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator