Lounger
    Thanks
    but will load normally in IE8. When trying to access www(dot)ghba(dot)org it appears to lock up for a good ten minutes before loading the page. Trial and error led us to see the difference in IE8.

Can anyone look at the source and tell me what it could possibly be?

Things that look unusual to me:
    -crazy large keyword meta tag (I wonder is there a character limit for meta tags?)
    -a script that appears to be setting a variable "MODX_MEDIA_PATH"

Be advised though, I am not a web developer, nor do I play one on TV. I'm just guessing.

Thanks!

Thanks
    [quote name='ATPWordPro' post='784536' date='14-Jul-2009 12:42']but will load normally in IE8. When trying to access www(dot)ghba(dot)org it appears to lock up for a good ten minutes before loading the page. Trial and error led us to see the difference in IE8.[/quote]

So why not just leave IE8 installed and forget about 6 & 7??
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Thanks
    Here's a thought. There is a conditional comment (<!--[If IE]) that loads a different style sheet in IE than in Firefox: "/site/bf/css/ie6.css". That style sheet contains some CSS expressions, that is, JavaScript code that does something (I didn't study it closely). This would explain why it behaves differently in IE6/7 than in Firefox. Also, in its Standards Mode, IE8 no longer executes CSS expressions, so if you are testing your site in IE8 Standards mode, you also are not executing the script.

Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='784582' date='14-Jul-2009 15:13']Here's a thought. There is a conditional comment (<!--[If IE]) that loads a different style sheet in IE than in Firefox: "/site/bf/css/ie6.css". That style sheet contains some CSS expressions, that is, JavaScript code that does something (I didn't study it closely). This would explain why it behaves differently in IE6/7 than in Firefox. Also, in its Standards Mode, IE8 no longer executes CSS expressions, so if you are testing your site in IE8 Standards mode, you also are not executing the script.[/quote]

MUAH! Thanks. I'll pass this on to my net admin.

Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='viking33' post='784571' date='14-Jul-2009 14:32']So why not just leave IE8 installed and forget about 6 & 7?? [/quote]

Hey Mr. Viking:

This office has an install base of about 200 (mostly cranky, resistant-to-change, professionals) people, and IE 8 has not been tested. The two machines that do have it are not part of the general population. My IT department had decided not to implement it until there is time to test it thoroughly. The litigation department (among others) would have a major meltdown if there was even the smallest glitch related to changing the browser.

This particular problem just popped up today and is only being experienced by one person, so he will likely get it installed on his laptop as a workaround.