Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I have an acquaintance at the nursing home who uses Gmail for her correspondence. She frequently gets multiple pictures attached to an email and has asked me if there a way to view them in a fashion similar to what one might do in Windows Explorer, using the "Preview" option for multiple selected files.

Not only am I unfamiliar with Gmail but I don't know of an easy way to do it with Thunderbird which I DO use. I have a TB addon that lets you "unattach" pictures from an email. It works just fine but I don't know if there is a Gmail equivalent.

I've already told her about http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm but we've gotta get 'em extracted first. Does it have to be done by saving one file at a time?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='784579' date='14-Jul-2009 21:06']I have an acquaintance at the nursing home who uses Gmail for her correspondence. She frequently gets multiple pictures attached to an email and has asked me if there a way to view them in a fashion similar to what one might do in Windows Explorer, using the "Preview" option for multiple selected files.

Not only am I unfamiliar with Gmail but I don't know of an easy way to do it with Thunderbird which I DO use. I have a TB addon that lets you "unattach" pictures from an email. It works just fine but I don't know if there is a Gmail equivalent.

I've already told her about http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm but we've gotta get 'em extracted first. Does it have to be done by saving one file at a time?[/quote]

Hi Al

Just checked out my gmail account - first time in ages. If an email has multiple attachments, a "Download all attachments" link appears. A picture etc...
    [attachment=84702:Clipboard02.jpg]

HTH
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John (Unreconstructed Jacobite)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jonWallace' post='784590' date='14-Jul-2009 16:25']... If an email has multiple attachments, a "Download all attachments" link appears. A picture etc...[/quote]
    THANK YOU John! That helps a bunch!

After making my post I went ahead and signed up for an email account (painless) and forwarded a message I had gotten from someone that had pictures embedded. When I look at THAT email in Gmail, I don't see what you have portrayed. BUT if I generate a new email to myself as you did and embed a couple of pix in it, I definitely DO get the screen you showed.

I'm on the way. I also found something called Xoopit for Gmail :: Add-ons for Firefox that I'm giving a test run on. I hope that wasn't a BAD move on my part, but it IS shown on the Fx addon page!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Just a somewhat related epilogue to this. I finally got up off my lazy duff and went to the Mozilla site looking for a Thunderbird addon that would let me view multiple pictures that are attached to an email without download or un-attaching. I found this which seems to be working:

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='784881' date='16-Jul-2009 05:48']... seems to be working ...[/quote]
    Well, except for one thing. I have a number of emails that have been sent to me by someone using Outlook 2007 for mail and his pictures do not show in the slideshow. A black screen comes up with no pictures. I've emailed the addon's author to see what he says.