Thread: Write Conflict

Lounger
    Thanks
    I have an Access application that is linked to SQL tables. When trying to update a table in Access I am receiving the following Write Conflict alert and am unable to save any changes.

This record has been changed by another user since you started editing it. If you save the record, you will overwrite the changes the other user made. Copying the chages to the clipboard will let you look at the values the other user entered, and then paste your changes back in if your decide to make the changes.

This occurs even if I am the only user logged on to the application. The only way updates can complete successfully is if a query is performing the update. This is not always practical since many of the edits are done to individual records when data is being corrected.

The tables can be edited directly in SQL. I have check security settings and all appears to be correct. Is there something I am missing? I will be happy to provide more info if you tell me what you need to know to help me resolve.

Thanks!
    Madeline

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You'll have to add a field of type TimeStamp to each SQL Server table and refresh the table links in your Access database. See Post 699758 for an explanation.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hans, Thanks so much for gettting back to me so quickly. I had a family emergency and wasn't able to get back to you. I just wanted to let you know that the fix worked and I, once again, appreciate your help and support.
    Madeline

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Madeline' post='790652' date='25-Aug-2009 23:31']I had a family emergency[/quote]
    Sorry to hear about that - I wish you strength.