Thanks
    Now smoking can be a hazard in other ways too.

If I saw that kind of charge on my credit card receipt, I would have had all kinds of life threating oddities.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/07/15/...in5161411.shtml
    Catz

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='pauliez' post='784756' date='15-Jul-2009 12:16']Now smoking can be a hazard in other ways too.

If I saw that kind of charge on my credit card receipt, I would have had all kinds of life threating oddities.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/07/15/...in5161411.shtml[/quote]

That was soo funny although I am sure this gentleman was not laughing when he first saw the charge.

Two things amaze me on this. First, that a charge that big was processed! If I try to charge something and I go so much as one cent over my available balance the charge is denied and I have to talk to someone to convince them to not terminate my account!

Second is that neither financial entity, Visa or Bank Of America, owned up to responsibility for the error! Come on guys, someone is going to have to admit that they screwed up somewhere. If I were them I would not only refund the $15 over draft charge I would send him a gift card but then that would come under the heading of customer service something neither of these institutions know anything about.
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">MickeyMouse</font face=comic>
    How best to describe the Lounge-
    "Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, working together is success"

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Someone in Texas was charged exactly the same amount (23 quadrillion, 148 trillion, 855 billion, 308 million, 184 thousand and 5 hundred dollars) for a dinner in a restaurant: 23 Quadrillion Dollar Bill.

"A temporary programming error affecting a small number of Visa prepaid accounts, according to a spokesperson for the credit card company."