4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I had to get a special wireless ergo keyboard and mouse last year when I hurt my elbows. It's been adjustment from straight and flat to the curved and tilted. But the one thing I simply can't get use to is the absence of indicator lights. On standard keyboards you have three lights for All Caps, Scroll Lock and Num Lock. I notice that other types of wireless keyboards were also made with the lights. What the heck? Was it too expensive to add them?

Usually there's a small, quick popup on my lower right screen that tells me when I've turned the All Caps off or on. You've got to have your eyes on the screen to see it because it goes away. Today it's gone so I've got nothing.

I did a Google search for all caps indicator software and came up with a lot of unsafe links. You would have thought I was looking for a free screensaver. Is it too much to ask for a software program, preferrably free, that would sit in the taskbar and show me when my All Caps is on or off? Am I alone with this? Have some here found something they like that's not a parasite or adware, or some other way to get around this problem?

Thank you, Daisy
    Daisy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Vasilios Freeware-NumCapsScroll Indicator seems OK. I haven't installed it but I have virus-scanned the download and got the all-clear.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='ailios' post='784761' date='15-Jul-2009 12:23']I had to get a special wireless ergo keyboard and mouse last year ...[/quote]
    I don't know about software since my wireless mouse and keyboard have lights on the "receiver/transmitter" that tell the condition of the keys. BUT, my problem was that I kept hitting the Caps Lock key when I was reaching for the Tab key right above.

So, I found this little freebie and mapped the Caps Lock key to the Tab key and haven't had a problem ever since. Of course, on the rare occasion when I do need to type in upper case, I have to hold down a shift key, but that's very rare.

MapKeyboard - Freeware keyboard remapper (very easy to use and FREE!)

[attachment=84716:2009_07_15_144757.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    [quote name='ailios' post='784761' date='15-Jul-2009 17:23'][/quote]
    You could also make use of the Bip-Beep audio reminder as outlined in the thread starting with Post 776769.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='784763' date='15-Jul-2009 09:30']Vasilios Freeware-NumCapsScroll Indicator seems OK. I haven't installed it but I have virus-scanned the download and got the all-clear.[/quote]

I didn't find anything about it that would lead me to believe it was a parasite program so I went ahead and installed. Looks good and I think it'll do the trick.

Thank you for the other suggestions too. I thought about remapping but didn't want to relearn my keyboard layout because it would mess me up when I have to go to someone else's computer to work on it or the server room machines. This program Hans turned me onto have a peep but I'm not sure I like it. What I do like is that it shows up both in the taskbar and also has a tiny floating window that I can move up next to the program window I'm working on.
    Daisy