New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hey All, I have a new Toshiba laptop computer that has Vista on it and Microsoft Office 2007. I'm using Internet Explorer 8 and have installed Service Pack 1 for Vista. What else should I do.....any other suggestions for me. The store was supposed to optimize it for me but I don't know if they did. Does anyone know of any start up programs that I could disable? Any help would be appreciated on what to do or even what NOT to do! Thanks! Dakkar

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    [quote name='Dakkar' post='784796' date='15-Jul-2009 13:53']Hey All, I have a new Toshiba laptop computer that has Vista on it and Microsoft Office 2007. I'm using Internet Explorer 8 and have installed Service Pack 1 for Vista. What else should I do.....any other suggestions for me. The store was supposed to optimize it for me but I don't know if they did. Does anyone know of any start up programs that I could disable? Any help would be appreciated on what to do or even what NOT to do! Thanks! Dakkar[/quote]

Welcome to the Lounge!!

Make sure you drivers from Toshiba are up-to-date.

You could install Service Pack 2 for Vista. NOTE: Backup the system before attempting the installation.

You could install Service Pack 2 for Office 2007. NOTE: Backup the system before attempting the installation.

Run Microsoft Update after the service packs are installed.

Without knowing what startup programs you have we can't tell you what you might want to disable. You can use a tool such as Autoruns for Windows or WhatInStartup - Disable/delete programs at Windows startup. Autoruns will give you much more information. You should just look at the Logon tab for right now. Neither program nees to be installed. Just download, unzip, and run.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Joe for the suggestions....I'll work on that a little later tonight. In the meantime, I added 3 email accounts to Outlook but now seem to have a problem with that "Enter Network Password" box. It keeps popping up and even if I click okay on the password, etc. it won't stay gone! Anybody have any idea on what to do about that? It looks like the Network Password box is only coming up for the last 2 email acccounts that I added. The network password box for the first account doesn't show...It's annoying to say the least!