Thanks
    Some interesting (and surprising) results from recent anti-virus software efficiency tests here and here.
    Regards,
    PaulB

Thanks
    [quote name='PaulB' post='784858' date='15-Jul-2009 19:28']Some interesting (and surprising) results from recent anti-virus software efficiency tests here and here.[/quote]
    These tests of prospective or heuristic detection are fun, but I have a few doubts.

The SRI result for NOD32, which routinely tests well in AV Comparatives tests, is so poor here that I must question whether there is something wrong with the VirusTotal site's ability to update the program. Not sure about the others, but that one really stuck out.

The AV Comparatives heuristic detection test strikes me as too extreme. Yes, there is a delay between updates, but using a 3-month old signature file doesn't seem to match the real-world situation for most users. They should test with something like a 5-day-old file for greater relevance. Perhaps then there wouldn't be enough of a difference to justify an article...