Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Guys,

I got this email from a friend. I am not too clued on Outlook, so could I ask for some assistance, please...

My friend writes...
    I need to know how 2 people can share contact details without losing the information that is typed into the text box of a contact when it is sent to the other. For example...When my salesrep see a prospect, he enters the details of the visitor into the contactís text boxes in Outlook. When he (using Outlook 2003) sends the contact to me (using Outlook 2007), the details of the prospect disappear. Is there is a way that these details wonít disappear?

Iíve got a small network, but no fancy exchange servers and so forth.

Tx for any advice to solve this issue.
    Regards,
    Rudi

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    What method does your friend use to send a contact?

I'm using Outlook 2002 at the moment. If I select or open a contact, then select Actions | Forward or press Ctrl+F to send the contact to an Outlook user, it arrives complete with all information, including text entered in the text box.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the response Hans.

I will need to ask him how he sends it and come back to this post to reply. But I will also give him the advice you sent.

TX
    Regards,
    Rudi

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    I have also sent my friend some more details about sending the contact as a VCard. This attaches the contact details into a new message and should retain the details.

I am now waiting for a return response to be informed if this will work. Will reply later to conclude this thread.

Cheers
    Regards,
    Rudi