3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've used speech recognition in Word 2002, but now we have Office 2003. I see the Tools menu, Speech selection, but nothing happens. I've checked my install of Office, but still nothing appends. What am I missing?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='bjg1' post='784922' date='16-Jul-2009 09:15']I've used speech recognition in Word 2002, but now we have Office 2003. I see the Tools menu, Speech selection, but nothing happens. I've checked my install of Office, but still nothing appends. What am I missing?[/quote]

Does How to install and configure speech recognition in Windows XP help?

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the information, Joe.

I was able to configure and train Windows XP for speech recognition, but still cannot get the Speech option to work in Word 2003. The toolbar for Speech Recognition does not display. In Word 2002 there was a microphone icon (I believe) to start the recording. I don't see and special icons displayed.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='bjg1' post='785058' date='17-Jul-2009 06:54']Thanks for the information, Joe.

I was able to configure and train Windows XP for speech recognition, but still cannot get the Speech option to work in Word 2003. The toolbar for Speech Recognition does not display. In Word 2002 there was a microphone icon (I believe) to start the recording. I don't see and special icons displayed.[/quote]

Does Install and train speech recognition - Help and How-to - Microsoft Office Online help?

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I tried the reinstall of the Speech feature, rebooted my computer, and still nothing happens when I select Tools, Speech.

Just as an aside on our Citrix server Office 2003 was just installed yesterday and the speech (microphone icons) toolbar displayed without even selecting Speech.

I think it is time to have our hardware gurus look at my computer.

Thanks for your help.