Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have several workbooks with several sheets in each. All the sheets are protected individually. All the sheets are linked to a main raw data file. The main data file was moved to a different directory which messed up the links. I attempted to edit the source but apparently would need to unlock EVERY sheet in each workbook to do that ... Does any one know of a way to do a "mass unlock" etc so I can get the sources corrected without driving myself crazy? THANKS!

Thanks
    [quote name='trish12' post='784924' date='16-Jul-2009 08:25']I have several workbooks with several sheets in each. All the sheets are protected individually. All the sheets are linked to a main raw data file. The main data file was moved to a different directory which messed up the links. I attempted to edit the source but apparently would need to unlock EVERY sheet in each workbook to do that ... Does any one know of a way to do a "mass unlock" etc so I can get the sources corrected without driving myself crazy? THANKS![/quote]
    Hi Trish
    As far as I know you will have to unlock every sheet - no way around it. For what its' worth I usually write a macro to unlock/relock sheets in this situation. If you want help with that, let us know what version of Excel you are using.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Thanks
    It would save some trouble and even prevent the need for the macro, if you moved the file back and opened any files which links to it. This should fix all the links.

Now open up the linked file, and will all the other files open, SAVE AS the linked file to the new location. The references to the file should then be reset to the new location.

Steve