Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a relatively simple name/address DB, but am faced with an unusual problem. On most occasions (perhaps always, I haven't checked it thoroughly) when I open the DB the last name in the very first record is changed to 57. Where the 57 comes from I have no idea, but it is certainly unacceptable. This could have happened when I was editing/programming the db and I just didn't notice it before closing. But regardless, I certainly don't want this happening. I noticed on one other occasion that another last name had also been changed to yet some other number. I've never run into anything like this before. Any suggestionw would be most welcome.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you checked whether there is VBA code that could do this?

If you wish, you can attach a stripped down and zipped copy of the database to a reply. Remove most or all records, and alter those you leave.

Thanks
    I would guess that there is a combo box somewhere in your db which is bound to the name field but is actually using the ID as its value.

I've seen this on several occasions in my student's databases.
    Steve H
    IT Lecturer/Access Developer
    O2K SR3/O2010; Win7Pro

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I think that was it as the numbers were obviously taken from an ID field, and I had an improper combo box setup. I've completely revised the combo box arrangement and no longer see any such problems.