Thanks
    Using multi level lists in Word 2007, I'd like to change the font style on the text on one level of the list. Is there a way to have the change applied to all the text on that particular level throughout the document, and also when new entries are added later that are the same level have them use that font style too?

I am referring the text on the line, not the list number. (ie if it says "1.1 Rules" I am referring to "Rules").

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Vincenzo' post='785099' date='17-Jul-2009 17:39']Using multi level lists in Word 2007, I'd like to change the font style on the text on one level of the list. Is there a way to have the change applied to all the text on that particular level throughout the document, and also when new entries are added later that are the same level have them use that font style too?

I am referring the text on the line, not the list number. (ie if it says "1.1 Rules" I am referring to "Rules").

Thanks[/quote]
    The easiest way to do this is probably to use Word's Heading styles, but you could set up your own set of styles associated with a named list. These instructions are for earlier versions of Word, but I assume it is easy to do in Word 2007 too.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Actually, Word 2007 has changed in significant ways from earlier versions -- and is much more complex (and some might say, confusing). At least the concept is more or less the same. To accomplish what you're trying to do, you need to link each level of your numbered list to a heading style and tweak the heading styles. If you attempt to do it the old way, though, you'll run into a few dead ends.

Here's a really good primer on numbering in Word 2007 (in PDF format):

http://filedb.experts-exchange.com/incomin...ord-2007-Nu.pdf

It's worth printing and going over more than once. (Incidentally, I have no ties to the folks at BEC Legal; I just happen to have found their white paper extremely helpful.)

Good luck!

Jan

Author, "Formatting Legal Documents With Microsoft Office Word 2007"

For Word and WordPerfect tips, also see my blog at http://compusavvy.wordpress.com
    Author, Formatting Legal Documents With Microsoft Word 2016,
    Formatting Legal Documents With Microsoft Word 2010​,
    and Formatting Legal Documents With Microsoft Office Word 2007

For Word and WordPerfect tips, visit my blog at http://compusavvy.wordpress.com

Thanks
    OK thanks to both of you. I am going through that info.