Thread: NETWORK PROBLEM

Lounger
    Thanks

NETWORK PROBLEM

I have a problem, i am sorting out a problem for someone and need some help. What i am trying to do is move a pc from one place to another as it need to be reformatted etc. Only problem is that the machine that needs moved is part of a local network, peer to peer. And that machine is the first in line on the network, Which means for Sage and other things to run that machine needs to be switched on. Now they want the other machine in another part of the office, not networkable. And needs formatted so was wondering if there was any way around this????

Thanks

Re: NETWORK PROBLEM

They are accessing applications on this machine? Then won't the machine have to be accessible somehow? ie wireless if cable is not a possibility.

Cheers
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Lounger
    Thanks

THey are not actually accessing the applications from this machine, each pc has sage installed on the seperate machines, but because the machine that needs moved is first on the network it needs to be on for the others to be able to access sage. Perhaps its a bus topology where if one is off the others will go off. Not sure really more help would be greatly appreciated. Any more info required

ileacy

I am guessing here as I have never heard of a SAGE LAN topology, and, could not find any references on the Net.

Sounds like you may be dealing with a serial bus topology, probably implemented via Coax cable.

If this is the case, it is usually sufficient to leave the T-connector in place to maintain the bus. You can test this by leaving the system powered off and trying to use the network.

It is also possible that the system involved is acting as a server to the rest of the network. In that case, the shared resources would have to be exported to another system before that system can be moved.