4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am recording narration for some PowerPoint lectures. I have typed up the narration in the Speaker's Notes area. When I start recording by switching to Slide Show mode, the speaker's notes are not showing and I have to right-click and open them. This creates a silent spot in the narration of what seems like several seconds. Is there a way to have the notes always open in Slide Show mode? (I am using PowerPoint 2003)

Also, in typing up the speaker's notes, I have limited options for formatting. (Color, bullets, italic, and the like.) However, these do not show up when I view the speaker's notes to record the narration. Can this be changed?

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You'd need to have a dual monitor setup so that you can view the slide show on one monitor and the speaker notes on the other.

The popup window that displays speaker notes during a slide show uses a very simple text box that doesn't support text formatting.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='785210' date='18-Jul-2009 14:34']You'd need to have a dual monitor setup so that you can view the slide show on one monitor and the speaker notes on the other.

The popup window that displays speaker notes during a slide show uses a very simple text box that doesn't support text formatting.[/quote]

I have a dual monitor and I am familiar with display mode to which you refer. It is extremely useful. However, I cannot get it to display at all for recording narration. That always comes up in the single display mode. If I could use that mode with recording narration, I would be very happy with it.

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Oh dear, that sounds like a stupid limitation. I don't have multiple monitors myself, I hope someone will come up with a solution!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Whenever I am recording a session I use a printed copy of my slide notes. Paper is a very useful and flexible medium.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='StuartR' post='786142' date='24-Jul-2009 17:42']Whenever I am recording a session I use a printed copy of my slide notes. Paper is a very useful and flexible medium.[/quote]

I prefer to write the narration for a few slides and then record it while it is still fresh in my mind. Having to print over-and-over like that is fairly clunky. I have done it that way and another problem I have is the mic catches the sound of the shuffling papers.

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Ronny' post='785207' date='18-Jul-2009 14:23']I am recording narration for some PowerPoint lectures. I have typed up the narration in the Speaker's Notes area. When I start recording by switching to Slide Show mode, the speaker's notes are not showing and I have to right-click and open them. This creates a silent spot in the narration of what seems like several seconds. Is there a way to have the notes always open in Slide Show mode? (I am using PowerPoint 2003)[/quote]

I have figured out a "work around" for the first part of the question. If I insert a blank slide just before the point where I want to start recording, I can open the speaker's notes while on the blank slide and then just delete that slide later and the long pause goes with it. Not elegant but it works.
    Ronny Richardson