Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't know what happened in the last few days to cause this problem, but I was sending a message to my son this morning and his "address" in my TB address book was lost, so TB didn't recognize him when I typed "ATH" as the usual nickname.

When I looked at my address book, all the addresses from A through E were missing. I don't remember anything in the past couple of days except a new version of Shadow Protect. I don't think I made any changes to the address book and I sent him a message using this nickname on 16 July.

It's a good thing for a succession of backups! I went to a Shadow Protect image from several days ago and restored a good copy of the address book. BEWARE folks since I don't think I caused this problem. I'm gonna put a reference post in the Backup forum just in case. You might want to check your address book for integrity...

Edited Later: Here's the cross reference post in Backup: Post 785282

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I lied !!! I don't know WHAT caused the problem or if it might ever happen again, but I did run down the incident and WHO did it and that was ME.

On the 16th I went to see a new (to me) doctor of audiology and the next day (17th) I added her email address and name to my Thunderbird address book. Evidently doing that caused or was coincident with TB deleting all the entries starting with A through E. Nowhere close - the doctors name is Susan Kosky!

The way I found what I suspect above is by a comparison in text form (WinMerge) of the address book files from 15, 16 AND 17 July. Her name shows up on the 17th along with the "corruption" so I used the file from 16th and re-added her name, successfully this time. Thank Heaven for backups (Shadow Protect in this case).