Thanks
    (On behalf of my step-mum: XP with all SPs and updates.)

Thunderbird is the default email program, as set up in IE.
    If a picture file is selected from Explorer > right-click > send to mail recipient..., the usual question of 'Do you want to reduce the size..' is asked then nothing happens.
    Similarly, with Picasa (which has in-built size reduction), nothing happens (apart from some blip on the screen bottom right).

If the default email program is set to Outlook Express in IE, a new OE message is opened up with the file (suitably reduced) as an attachment using either method.

Rebooting, changing the default email back to Thunderbird and rebooting again hasn't helped.

Apparently this started 'about a week ago'.

Any suggestions as to how to get Thunderbird recognised as the default again?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Does Right click to send email. Quit after Tbird update help?

(Could the message window be offscreen, or reduced to 1x1 pixel? If so, one would expect a taskbar button to appear, and TB would be listed in Task Manager, at least in the Processes tab.)

Thanks
    Ah, thanks Hans. The first looks the most likely - certainly no taskbar button appeared. I think I'm going to have to make another visit...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Leif' post='785369' date='20-Jul-2009 05:58'][/quote]
    I don't know if this will be important, Leif nor do I know why mine is different. But the registry "fix" mentioned in that thread uses the following path:
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\mozmapi32.dll
    When I look in my registry (In XP), I have the following:
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\mozMapi32_InUse.dll
    I haven't tried to do yet what you pointed out, so I don't know if there's any significance to the difference in names. By the way, I have both files in my directory. Maybe my sending and reduction doesn't work either. I'll go now to see if it does... More later. And good luck.

[attachment=84760:2009_07_20_060756.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    The procedure works OK for me. I've never done this before, so I guess the following message in the email gets put there by XP:
    The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments:
    CBH Discharge.jpg

Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent sending or receiving certain types of file attachments. Check your e-mail security settings to determine how attachments are handled.

Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='785372' date='20-Jul-2009 11:17']The procedure works OK for me. I've never done this before, so I guess the following message in the email gets put there by XP:
    The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments:
    CBH Discharge.jpg

Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent sending or receiving certain types of file attachments. Check your e-mail security settings to determine how attachments are handled.
    [/quote]
    Thanks. Yep - the 'Note' is a standard message included each time when using right-click Send To.

Thanks
    Well, I'm told today it's sorted itself out, so hopefully 'case closed'.