5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

unexpected page layout changes (XP with Win 98 SE)

I am using XP with Win 98 SE on a 65 page document. There are several section breaks in the document. I have mirror margins with different headers and footers on even/odd pages. A little over half way through the document the page numbering starts over, the material is no longer using the mirror margins, and the headers and footers are messed up. The document is a handout so I have margins set to allow for writing space on the outside of each page. The headers and footers were set so that the border went completely across the page leaving a one inch margin on either side. They are messed up and now only go to the margins set for the document and they do not line up with the text.

Trying to get this job done I broke the document up into several pieces the first two worked okay but the third piece once again is messed up half way through again.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks Fay

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: unexpected page layout changes (XP with Win 98 SE)

Hi, Fay. It sounds as if you copied/pasted and included a section break along the way. Go to one of your "good" sections (verify by checking page setup before the break) and copy the section break. Go to the end of the document and paste the section break. Work your way backward through the document removing and then inserting the section breaks until you get to the place where they're right.

Once you've completed this, go to the end of the document and using page setup change the layout for the final mark as "continuous" on the Layout tab.

Good luck! HTH
    Karen