New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm trying to send some information to customers in the form of a word document and some of them have problems opening the attachment. I want to convert the standard docx to something that all computers can read (.doc maybe?). Is it as simple as typing .doc for the name of the attachment?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

Just changing the extension won't help - the files will still have the wrong format. You must use the Office button, select Save As... and save the document in Word 97-2003 format (.doc).

Alternatively, tell your customers that they can install the free Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats. This lets users of Word 2000, 2002 or 2003 open Word 2007 documents (.docx).

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='785447' date='20-Jul-2009 09:46']Welcome to the Lounge!

Just changing the extension won't help - the files will still have the wrong format. You must use the Office button, select Save As... and save the document in Word 97-2003 format (.doc).

Alternatively, tell your customers that they can install the free Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats. This lets users of Word 2000, 2002 or 2003 open Word 2007 documents (.docx).[/quote]

thanks so much! i see exactly what you're talking about