3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a issue with a reference since an upgrade to 2007. The issue is I have a few users who are not scheduled for an upgrade for several months while others have alraedy been upgraded. The user with Office 2003 is getting an missing object library error. He does not have the reference for word 12 like the upgraded users have. Is there a way I can make a work around for this until they are upgraded? Thanks..

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Open the database on a PC with Office 2003.
    Delete the reference to the Microsoft Word 12.0 Object Library, then set a reference to the Microsoft 11.0 Object Library.
    Check for other missing references too.
    The database will then work correctly for both Office 2003 users and for Office 2007 users.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='785459' date='20-Jul-2009 18:52']Open the database on a PC with Office 2003.
    Delete the reference to the Microsoft Word 12.0 Object Library, then set a reference to the Microsoft 11.0 Object Library.
    Check for other missing references too.
    The database will then work correctly for both Office 2003 users and for Office 2007 users.[/quote]

Just a reminder that the next time he does developement work on his computer with 2007 the references will go back to Office 12 and before you pass it on you need to reset these references again.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    In general, it's best to create the "production" version on the oldest version of Windows and Office and using the smallest screen resolution that you need to support.