3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello-I am building a system for my dad and just bought a MSI motherboard and Intel Celeron SHiP. I also added 2 gig of ram, a western digital harddrive, a PCI express video card, and a wireless PCI card, and DVD writer. I never encounter this issue when building systems, but I am able to power on the computer but get nothing on the monitor screen. Everything turns on because the system powers through the DVD, harddrive and the fan for the processor comes on. I tried installing the monitor to either the PCI video card or the onboard vga outlet, but not luck. I uninstall all the cards PCI and the PCI express but that didn't help. I switch monitor thinking that is what it was, but that didn't work. I uninstall the memory and tried turning it on, but still nothing on the screen. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

Thanks
    [quote name='Seba' post='785454' date='20-Jul-2009 13:30']Hello-I am building a system for my dad and just bought a MSI motherboard and Intel Celeron SHiP. I also added 2 gig of ram, a western digital harddrive, a PCI express video card, and a wireless PCI card, and DVD writer. I never encounter this issue when building systems, but I am able to power on the computer but get nothing on the monitor screen. Everything turns on because the system powers through the DVD, harddrive and the fan for the processor comes on. I tried installing the monitor to either the PCI video card or the onboard vga outlet, but not luck. I uninstall all the cards PCI and the PCI express but that didn't help. I switch monitor thinking that is what it was, but that didn't work. I uninstall the memory and tried turning it on, but still nothing on the screen. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.[/quote]
    1. Can you get into the BIOS?
    2. Is there ANY readable info on the first boot screen?
    3. When you say you Uninstall the memory, did you leave any memory installed. ( it won't do anything without SOME memory installed )
    4. How many memory sticks do you have? If more than one, did you try one stick at a time, then if NG, swap the sticks around.
    5. Not sure what you mean by: system powers through the DVD, etc.?

Lets start with these.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    1. NO, I can't even see the BIOS to get into it.
    2. There is nothing on the screen to see at all.
    3 and 4. I have two 1 gb and uninstall one at a time and reinstall them one at a time again, but that didn't do anything.
    5. Basically, I see the light in the DVD writer come on, I can hear the harddrive spinning, but I can't see anything on the screen.

I went yesterday to buy a power supply to see if that was the cause, but it wasn't. I recheck the CPU to make sure it was installed correctly which it was. The only other thing I can think of is that I have a bad motherboard. Today I am taking it to shop where I bought the motherboard to see if they can tell me what is wrong. I have a funny feeling that is the motherboard, but who knows.

Thanks
    [quote name='Seba' post='785624' date='21-Jul-2009 13:47']1. NO, I can't even see the BIOS to get into it.
    2. There is nothing on the screen to see at all.
    3 and 4. I have two 1 gb and uninstall one at a time and reinstall them one at a time again, but that didn't do anything.
    5. Basically, I see the light in the DVD writer come on, I can hear the harddrive spinning, but I can't see anything on the screen.

I went yesterday to buy a power supply to see if that was the cause, but it wasn't. I recheck the CPU to make sure it was installed correctly which it was. The only other thing I can think of is that I have a bad motherboard. Today I am taking it to shop where I bought the motherboard to see if they can tell me what is wrong. I have a funny feeling that is the motherboard, but who knows.[/quote]
    Based on what you stated above and mainly because you can't even see the first BIOS screen come up, it does seem like the MB/CPU has gone south on you.
    How long ago did you buy the MB? If recently, they should replace it.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I took it to the shop where I bought the motherboard and he tested it using some electronic device that would give him a number to see what the problem was. One of the memory modules was bad and my PCI express video card did not work too. After removing both, he was able to boot to the BIOS. Now everything is working good.

Thanks
    [quote name='Seba' post='785660' date='21-Jul-2009 17:16']I took it to the shop where I bought the motherboard and he tested it using some electronic device that would give him a number to see what the problem was. One of the memory modules was bad and my PCI express video card did not work too. After removing both, he was able to boot to the BIOS. Now everything is working good.[/quote]
    Strange set of TWO problems at the same time?
    However, it's good that you are back working OK now. I assume they "made good" with the replacements and didn't charge you for them?
    BOB

Today it is called golf!