Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    This NASA site to locate human occupied vehicles in space (as loosely defined): http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata...ngs/index.html

In the "Sightings Opportunities" dialog, enter your country, then select your region.

I mention this because we have a load of ISS flights in the next few days visible in my locale:

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sight...=Salt_Lake_City

The ISS moves pretty quickly, usually only about 5-7 minutes from horizon to horizon (and may become invisible when it gets behind earth's shadow, though it has not "set").
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='JohnBF' post='785601' date='21-Jul-2009 17:26']The ISS moves pretty quickly, usually only about 5-7 minutes from horizon to horizon (and may become invisible when it gets behind earth's shadow, though it has not "set").[/quote]5-7 minutes? LUXURY! At most we get 4!
    LOCAL............................................. ..DURATION
    DATE/TIME........................................(MIN)
    ISS Sat Jul 18/10:47 PM.......................3
    ISS Sun Jul 19/00:21 AM.................... .1
    ISS Sun Jul 19/11:12 PM......................2
    ISS Mon Jul 20/10:02 PM......................3
    ISS Mon Jul 20/11:35 PM......................2
    ISS Tue Jul 21/10:26 PM......................3
    ISS Wed Jul 22/00:01 AM..................<.1
    ISS Wed Jul 22/10:50 PM......................3
    ISS Thu Jul 23/11:15 PM.......................1
    ISS Fri Jul 24/10:05 PM..................... ..4
    ISS Sat Jul 25/10:30 PM.......................2
    ISS Mon Jul 27/09:44 PM..................... 2
    It probably won't surprise you that I didn't go out this morning (Wed) at 1 minute after midnight to see the show!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bowlie' post='785696' date='22-Jul-2009 00:00']It probably won't surprise you that I didn't go out this morning (Wed) at 1 minute after midnight to see the show! [/quote]Slacker!
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ah! the perils of being too busy.

I wanted to find this site last week because we had two opportunities to be outside at night. I will have to bookmark it and use it another time.

I will brag about the first of those two opportunities, though.

We (5 of us) chartered an aircraft to fly us over Lake Eyre and the Simpson Desert. Do I need to tell you that Lake Eyre rarely has water in it but has some at the moment as a result of flooding earlier in the year. It is usually a dry salt lake and it is the lowest point in Australia at some 16 metres below sea level.

Tuesday night, with the New Moon, we were in a litttle town called Bedourie in south west Queensland sitting in their 20 person spa. It was magnificent. So was the flight!

The second opportunity was back at home and we had a yen to camp out quietly. Overnight the sky was clear and the temperatures dropped to -2 celsius. A perfect night for satellite spotting.
    Attached Images Attached Images