3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello there. Hope you all are getting a better summer than we here in cloudy, rainy Toronto.

There is a terrific (older) post from Lief with details in about downloading all the smilies. I did that years ago, m/be 2003 but had to do a system restore when I got hit by a nasty virus (which AV techs could NOT figure out how to get rid of nor were they up-to-date. Nasty). Anyway, I found the old post but I don't see the wonderful smilies that we used to have. Any chance of getting some of them again?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    There's no downloadable file with all smileys at the moment, but see Post 762559 or Post 762564 for documents explaining how to get the old smileys.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='P McGinty' post='785763' date='22-Jul-2009 11:12']Any chance of getting some of them again?[/quote]
    The posts that Hans referenced lead to documentation that contains the smilies but (in my opinion) there's a quick way. Setup a bookmark or favorites link to the following: Index of /S.

Once you've done that you can select any smiley to insert into a post by using its URL in the image link contained in the post composition window. For me, it's a quick way to do it.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

[quote name='Bigaldoc' post='785817' date='22-Jul-2009 20:26']The posts that Hans referenced lead to documentation that contains the smilies but (in my opinion) there's a quick way. Setup a bookmark or favorites link to the following: Index of /S.

Once you've done that you can select any smiley to insert into a post by using its URL in the image link contained in the post composition window. For me, it's a quick way to do it.[/quote]
    Beaut!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    We just have to remember to use the IMAGE link in the post composition window, and not the URL link.

[attachment=84817:2009_07_23_061417.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='785817' date='23-Jul-2009 05:44']The posts that Hans referenced lead to documentation that contains the smilies but (in my opinion) there's a quick way. Setup a bookmark or favorites link to the following: Index of /S.

Once you've done that you can select any smiley to insert into a post by using its URL in the image link contained in the post composition window. For me, it's a quick way to do it.[/quote]

I've done a bit of fiddling, since the Old Smileys seems to be a bit of a wishlist entry. I've used a bit of javascript for a boolmarklet, which will insert an old smiley link to the clipboard, from its name. For instance, if you want to insert the old "cheers" smiley, click the bookmarklet and the prompt will appear. Overtype the example text with the word "cheers" (without quotes) and click OK. At the appropriate point in your post, hit Ctrl+V or Edit -> Paste and the following URL will be pasted directly into your post:
    Code:
    This will, of course appear as in the completed post. The javascript for the bookmarklet is:
    Code:
    java script:var sname=prompt("Name of old smiley?","example - cheers");var oTarget="";window.clipboardData.setData('Text',oTarget);void 0;
    which should all be on one line. Have fun!

Alan
    Attached Images Attached Images