3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am noticing the existence of residual information (often months and years) in reports I write for work. I am building reports from the shells of earlier reports, and for some reason this date information is located "underneath/behind" a table with a blue border that we always place on our first page. Part of the problem is that this date information isn't visible when reading the document in MS Word, and only is visible when I view the report in PDF format (in the form of faint white text in the blue background of the table). Sometimes, the info. isn't visible in PDF either, and only shows up in a Ctrl+F search.

This residual information is problematic b/c it is showing up in Google searches, both from Google and from my company's home page, and makes it misleading/confusing about when we published the report (i.e., a February 2009 report will have both that date and the earlier residual one in the search return).

So, it would be great if folks could suggest the following:

a) why this might be occurring (I'm confused b/c this residual text isn't appearing in a location where we ever write the date, and isn't visible at all)
    how to best troubleshoot it and insure against it happening again (not building reports from prior report shells isn't a viable option, namely b/c we write series of reports and it's invaluable to work from report shells)
    c) how to best proof our published reports for these artifacts (we have a few hundred reports on our site)

Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Could you post an example document (with all other content removed)?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Determined what the problem is--residual text box that no one deleted. Grrr.

Thanks
    I wonder if anyone has ever published a macro to find "obscured" objects (partially or completely behind another object)?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    that would be nice