3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Talking

I want to add an activation code prompted before install of a software application. I was wondering if you might have any subjections how I might achieve this. I know how to set up an autorun and a program installer wizard.

Thanks
    [quote name='ababenchrist' post='785788' date='22-Jul-2009 09:15']I want to add an activation code prompted before install of a software application.[/quote]
    Is this possibly a feature of the installer software itself? Seems you should not have to build it from scratch.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy

[quote name='jscher2000' post='785813' date='22-Jul-2009 12:33']Is this possibly a feature of the installer software itself? Seems you should not have to build it from scratch.[/quote]
    I'm not sure but I believe it is a seperate file that has to be attached in some way to software application. so that after install and before operation the activation code is then inserted which in turns de-attaches thus allowing entry. Of course this is a shoot in the dark. The program I have that formats the install does not have this feature. I was just hoping someone here may have a clue and steer me in the right direction......

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='ababenchrist' post='785833' date='22-Jul-2009 16:49']I'm not sure but I believe it is a seperate file that has to be attached in some way to software application. so that after install and before operation the activation code is then inserted which in turns de-attaches thus allowing entry. Of course this is a shoot in the dark. The program I have that formats the install does not have this feature. I was just hoping someone here may have a clue and steer me in the right direction......[/quote]

You'll most likely have to purchase something. see Product Activation, Network License Server Platform For The Internet Era: Orion, Safe Activation Service 1 - Protect and Manage Software Licenses from a Secure Vendor Account, & Trusted Activation by Nalpeiron for some examples.

I have no recommendation.

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='785853' date='22-Jul-2009 17:28']You'll most likely have to purchase something. see Product Activation, Network License Server Platform For The Internet Era: Orion, Safe Activation Service 1 - Protect and Manage Software Licenses from a Secure Vendor Account, & Trusted Activation by Nalpeiron for some examples.

I have no recommendation.

Joe[/quote]
    thank you joeperez
    I shall surf the web and take a look around