3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a addin "num2text" that returns the value of a number in INR in text form. But it is limited to convert the same up to 9 digit. I want to increase the digit but the code is protected for viewing. Need help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards
    Prasad

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    How does the Indian numbering system work for numbers with more than 9 digits?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='785912' date='23-Jul-2009 14:15']How does the Indian numbering system work for numbers with more than 9 digits?[/quote]
    Let me elaborate the problem.
    It converts the numebers to Indian Rupees (INR). For example, it will convert 1 to "Rupees One Only", 12 to "Rupees Twelve Only) & so on Up to 123456789. But in practical, a value can go any long. If I want to convert 1000000000, "Out of Range" message appeared on screen.
    Regards
    Prasad

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, I understand your problem.

You might contact the author of the add-in to see if he (or she) is willing to help you.
    If that is not possible, you cannot expect us to "hack" the add-in.
    We might be able to help you to write your own number-to-text code, but we'd need to know how numbers with more than 9 digits are written, because most of us aren't familiar with Indian numbering. Would 1000000000 be "Rupee Hundred Crore Only"? And what happens to even larger numbers?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='785915' date='23-Jul-2009 13:43']Yes, I understand your problem.

You might contact the author of the add-in to see if he (or she) is willing to help you.
    If that is not possible, you cannot expect us to "hack" the add-in.
    We might be able to help you to write your own number-to-text code, but we'd need to know how numbers with more than 9 digits are written, because most of us aren't familiar with Indian numbering. Would 1000000000 be "Rupee Hundred Crore Only"? And what happens to even larger numbers?[/quote]
    Hans, I got all the mails sent to author bounced back. I am looking for some concrete solution & hack someone's intellectual property is not at all an intention. I wil come back with a systematic sequence of Indian numbering.
    Regards
    Prasad

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Here is the conversion of Numbers in INR. Hope, this will make some sense.
    Regards
    Prasad

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry for the late reply, I had to do other things today.

The attached version contains a function based on the one by Legare Coleman from Post 507725. It should work OK for amounts up to Rs. 99999999999999 assuming that you do indeed use Thousand Crore as in your example, and not Arawb, Kharawb etc. That should be enough for most purposes.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='786115' date='24-Jul-2009 23:11']Sorry for the late reply, I had to do other things today.

The attached version contains a function based on the one by Legare Coleman from Post 507725. It should work OK for amounts up to Rs. 99999999999999 assuming that you do indeed use Thousand Crore as in your example, and not Arawb, Kharawb etc. That should be enough for most purposes.[/quote]
    Much appreciated ( & awaited too) Hans. Allow me to make some more wishes. First, need value of fraction in "Paise". Say 1234.56 should be converted as Rs. One Thousand Two Hundred Thirty Four & Paise Fifty Six Only. The conversion of 100 paise is one Re. Second, what to do to use it as an "Add-in". (to replace old one).
    Regards
    Prasad

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Prasad, when asking a question in the Lounge it helps if you provide the complete requirements at the outset instead of piece by piece. None of the examples you gave before now mentioned paise, so I removed all code needed for that (it is in Legare Coleman's code). Now I have to put it back in again

To use the workbook as an add-in, you must save it as an Excel add-in (.xla), then select it in Tools | Add-Ins...

I have done so and attached the result in a zip file. Extract the add-in INR.xla to your add-ins folder C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Addins (if it's for you only) or to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Library (if it's for all users of the PC).
    Then start Excel, select Tools | Add-Ins..., tick the check box for Inr and click OK.

You can now use formulas such as =NumberToText(A1)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='786161' date='25-Jul-2009 14:32']Prasad, when asking a question in the Lounge it helps if you provide the complete requirements at the outset instead of piece by piece. None of the examples you gave before now mentioned paise, so I removed all code needed for that (it is in Legare Coleman's code). Now I have to put it back in again

To use the workbook as an add-in, you must save it as an Excel add-in (.xla), then select it in Tools | Add-Ins...

I have done so and attached the result in a zip file. Extract the add-in INR.xla to your add-ins folder C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Addins (if it's for you only) or to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Library (if it's for all users of the PC).
    Then start Excel, select Tools | Add-Ins..., tick the check box for Inr and click OK.

You can now use formulas such as =NumberToText(A1)[/quote]
    I apologize the inconvenience caused & will take proper care in future.

Needless to say, Inr is working absolutely as needed.

what else I can say?
    Regards
    Prasad