Star Lounger
    Thanks

Mail Merge (office 2000)

Is there a way to do a mail merge to individuals you have in an Access Data base. I have 3 Lists--Students, Instructors, Site Coordinators with all email addresses. After sorting the list for certain criteria, I would like to email the selected group individually.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mail Merge (office 2000)

I accomplished this in Word97 using an XL file and the mail merge feature. You should have the capability of doing it in Access using Office 2000. The navagation in Word97 is Tools>Mail Merge: You have 3 steps to complete, the first being creating the mail merge word doc, the second indicates what data source your using (in your case Access) and the third and final step to merge the information and email the file to a recipient. Your Access database should include the email address of the various individuals. In step 3 under Options, you have to change how the merged file is to be sent ie email.

I do not have Office 2000 but the concept should be the same. You can send a message with a subject and an attached word doc (the mail merged doc).

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mail Merge (office 2000)

Right, I got it to work! Super!! Many thanks--made my day.